Friday, June 02, 2006

My Favorite Spot, June 2nd

This week, my favorite spot is the entire front of the house, to include the sun bed, shade bed, and magnolia bed. The shade bed is past its glory (spring), but the fuchsia rhododendron is lighting up the back corner. In the sun bed, mini-roses, burgundy gaillardia, weigela minuet, columbine, east friesland sage, and lamb’s ear are blooming. The display will peak in July. I’m very pleased to see a few blooms in the magnolia bed: tall evening primrose (from Pam), potentilla (also from Pam), perennial bachelor’s buttons, and California poppies (from seed!). The sweet bay magnolia is also in bloom now, perfuming the warm air. They say that a garden is never finished, but I feel like my cottage garden is at least approaching my vision

4 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

looks very nice. was the cat checking out the view?Its funny how the fav view changes with advancing seasons.As long as one is good you can ignore the bad bits

2:40 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

Your yard has come a long way in the short time you've lived there. I'm impressed!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Who's the kitty cameo?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

I THINK the cat is fat Mimi (judging by the blubber rolls).

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home