Monday, May 15, 2006

It's Raining

I’m almost ready to build an ark. It has been raining raining raining since last Wednesday. It will continue to rain this week. I don’t mind gardening in the rain, but it certainly isn’t as fun as working in the sunshine. The cloud-filtered light is gloomy and almost oppressive. I am resistant to be stirred to any vigorous activity. Instead, I aimlessly wander the yard, poking at the leaf litter and pulling occasional weeds. Maybe I DO mind gardening in the rain.

On the bright side, I haven’t had to water since last Tuesday and my seedlings are getting a great start on the growing season. Still, I can’t help but feel that we’ve all gotten a long enough drink. Go away, rain!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm growing webs between my toes.

This afternoon I am going to pot up some of my winter-sown seedlings while sitting under the deck. I may even take the cat out with me. He's been meowing to go out and doesn't believe us when we tell him it's chilly and rainy.

9:34 AM  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Tell me about rain.I pulled a few weeds out but the rain running down my neck and arms was cold!Brrrrrr.Hoping for a dry day soon it has rained for four days, anymore and i will need wellies!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Ms. Conduct said...

We'll take some! Send it south. We're dry as a bone down here. But I do sympathize. We also have our fair share of LONG stretches of clouds and rain (though usually combined with heat and humidity and sometimes a hurricane). Eh, if weather weren't so lousy sometimes, we'd never get anything BUT gardening done around the house.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind the rain so much if it would just be warmer!

It was sunny for half the day today so at least I got outside before the rain starts again tonight

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home