Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Elfin Thyme Path

Brit loves my elfin thyme corner, and so do I. Mike and I often cut across the corner when traveling to and from our cars, so the stones and thyme (which can take light traffic) are ideal.

As I created the magnolia bed, last fall, I realized that I would need to keep a strip of the bed, along the driveway, free for foot traffic. A repeat of the elfin thyme and stone cobble would unify the new and old beds. This spring, I scrounged all of the rocks and bricks I could find in the yard and garage to form the “cobble.” Then, I plugged in 15 elfin thyme plants. Over such a long strip, the plants look pitifully small and the space between them woefully large. Mike, catching me halfway through the process, was aghast that I was creating something so ugly in the front yard. True, it’s raw now, but I’m hoping it will look as good as the corner by next season. Stay tuned for progress pictures.

3 Comments:

Blogger C&C said...

I'm sure it will be beautiful as it fills in - nice idea! Love your house, so charming!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

One season. The little thymes are great at filling in!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Adi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home