Thursday, May 10, 2007

Open Garden: June 24

I've done it. I've committed to hosting an Open Garden this June. It will be an all-day, drop-in event, complete with tours and refreshments.

I've made so many gardening friends through my blog and work and plant swapping and the bus and theater and . . .you get the picture. I can't stop talking about my garden and people keep asking me when they get to see it, so I suppose I ought to open it to visitors.

Expect many anxious posts between now and June 23, as I frantically try to address the nasty spots, like the north corner and the pile of brush I've had next to the house for months (thank you, Tim, for agreeing to help me out with that on Sunday).

If you are in the Cincinnati area, and would like to attend, leave a comment here. I'll try to ascertain whether you are a crazy, killer stalker and then send you an invite (because only crazy, killer stalkers are welcome).

*Edited on 5/11 to change the date to 6/24.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I was so excited when I received your email. I am totally coming! I can not wait!

5:34 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I wish I lived closer - I'd transform into a crazy, killer stalker for the day just so I could see your garden.

The good thing is that once you have all those things done that we all put off for another day, you'll feel as if you can put your feet up and drink mint juleps ... at least for an afternoon or two!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Is this part of the College Hill self-guided garden tour? We'll be buying tickets for that tour and taking my sister-in-law who is new to Cincinnati and also not crazy.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Nope - this is a private event. I inadvertantly chose the day after the CH garden tour. I guess I'll miss that because I'll be at OCTAFest.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blair said...

What a fabulous idea, Kasmira! Your garden will be a hit I'm sure. Sometimes we need to plan events like this in order to get those last little chores in, such as moving a brush pile or finishing the small projects that we tend to put off. I'm too far away to attend, but I'll be keeping up with your progress through the blog. Good luck to you!

8:24 AM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

I'm too far away to attend your tour so I'll just have to continue to enjoy your garden "virtually". I hope you have a fabulous day weather-wise and lots of POLITE interested attendees.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Fantastic!

Don't sweat the details too much. Remember our gardens are always at their best the week before we host an event, so don't let the thought of a perfect garden on a single day make you crazy!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I wish I were in the area for that!

I have considered doing the garden tour here in town, but my garden is never anywhere near being ready for non-familiar visitors.

Good luck!

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. I came across your blog while Googling Cincinnati garden tours. I live locally and I'm always on the lookout for gardens to scout for my editors at Better Homes & Gardens and all of their special interest gardening magazines. Yours looks promising & I'd like to see it. I'd love to come by when you do your open house this June.
You can confirm I'm not a freak--just go to my Web site: www.judiketteler.com. You can email me at judi@judiketteler.com

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home