Thursday, May 03, 2007

My Favorite Spot, May 3rd

My Favorite Spot is back!

And it’s the Magnolia Bed again! (For those new to the blog, this bed is named for the Sweet Bay Magnolia in its center. The magnolia was the first thing I planted at my house.) Currently, the tulips, phlox, wallflower, and Centaurea montana are blooming. The brighter tulips have expired, and the remaining colors bear more resemblance to those pictured on the “Apple Blossom” mix I purchased. The lamb’s ear and Asiatic lilies are still tidy and fresh. (Unlike the sprawling monsters they’ll become later in the season!)

I believe entangled suggested combining the wallflower with tulips. The combination is pictured here. Stunning, no?

Just wait until you see next week’s Favorite Spot!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

I love spring. Every thing is so "tidy and fresh"!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I have lamb's ear too. Who would of thought such a daintily named, and soft to the touch plant would become such a SPRAWLING MONSTER later in the season!

10:12 AM  
Blogger kate said...

The wallflower looks lovely with the tulips ...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Entangled said...

You were way ahead of me! The tulips/wallflowers look great!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Your Magnolia bed looks so tenderly beautiful, and the lambs ear does something wonderful when combined with the tulips.

My lambs ear is already a monster - but, like yours Kasmira, my flowerbeds wouldn't look the same without it.

Cool way to use the wallflower - fragrance and drama at once.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

7:46 AM  
Blogger KC MO Garden Guy said...

Pardon my ignorance, what is the orange flower? Is that the wall flower?

4:53 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

The orange flower is wallflower.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home