Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's Alive!

I thought my ROS cuttings were a failure, but some small shred of hope kept me from tossing the pots. Instead, Mike and I moved them off the deck and out of sight under the mother tree. This weekend, as I was puttering in the new the laundry pole garden, I caught sight of a flash of green in the lifeless pots. Half convinced it was a fallen leaf, I took a closer look. Lo and behold, 10 of my 30 cuttings are leafing out!

I still have hope that some of the other 20 sticks will also show signs of life. As a back-up plan, I will make some semi-ripe cuttings in mid-summer. If all goes well, I can begin planting the hedge next spring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

How smart of you to get your hedge material for free. I'm far too impatient and forgetful. I would kill at least half of the cuttings that I started.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home