Monday, June 27, 2005

Neighbor Tim

Oh, neighbor Tim, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…

1. When we first moved in, you brought us a welcome gift of brown bread you had baked yourself.
2. You let me borrow your tools. Even though I bend and break them.
3. When you see me working in the yard, you offer to help. I feared for your life when you climbed our rickety ladder and one-handedly chain-sawed limbs from our trees, but I appreciated your generous spirit.
4. When I describe my inside renovation projects, you, once again, offer to help.
5. You have a wildflower garden in your back yard. You give me tours and name all the unfamiliar plants for me, common name, family, genus, and species.
6. Most amazingly of all, you offer me wildflowers from your collection. You hand me a shovel, point out the gifted plants, and let me go to town. My yard loves you too.
(Red bloom is Bee Balm [also known as Monarda or Bergamot] from Tim)

Mike is worried that I will run away with you to your Kentucky oasis of lady slipper orchids and limestone caves. While you and I have much in common, he has no need to worry. I am content to have you as my favorite neighbor. Thanks for everything! I’m so glad you live across the street.

10 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Good neighbors are truly a joy.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, lucky you! My neighbors don't even know what the tree in their back yard is.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Good neighbors are great. I've had so many bad ones it really makes you appriciate the good ones.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes...our neighbors burn they're garbage in their yard (cuz they don't have pick up) and sometimes the wind blows away from our house....that's nice.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there is Mrs. Tim...

6:30 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

You are truly blessed to have a fellow gardener for a neighbor. Wish he was my neighbor. I've been trying to grow bee balm for years. I think I finally have some growing. I have my fingers crossed that it will make it.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

There is no Mrs. Tim, but he does have a nice girlfriend. If that goes south, I've already got a friend from work lined up for a blind date. :)

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:06 PM  
Blogger pedro velasquez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home