Saturday, May 28, 2005

Nicaraguan Hammock



Ahhh...Memorial Day weekend. Time for hotdogs, beer, and hammocks! I ordered and received this at least a month ago. It is finally installed and enjoyed.

(An interesting note: all of the eye-bolts and S-hooks at Home Depot carry tags saying that they are "not intended to support human weight." I just checked that the maximum weight limits were okay and took my chances. I guess the tags are to cover the manufacturer's butt if we fall and die in the hammock.)

(And that is our new baby, Mr. Tibbs, in the bottom photo.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the question is. Is there room for two in that hammock??

9:50 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Supposedly, it is a "couples" hammock. I don't think it would be too comfortable with two people in it.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Well, not for long anyway...

Its not quite time for hammocks in the PNW - maybe by the middle of the month. We got one of the canvas ones last year with the head and foot boards to keep it spread wide.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Hey, our cat's name is Mr. Tibbs! That is so strange, I thought he was the only one.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

I sort of named him Mr. Tibbs after Sergeant Tibbs in 101 Dalmations. I just like how the name rolls off the tongue. And "tibbs" sounds like such a nonsense word.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Ours is after Mr. Tibbs in the heat of the night. I thought he was the only cat named mr. tibbs.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home