Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Garden Addict - follow-up pictures

Hooray for rain! Instead of gardening, I bought a digital camera. I took these pictures in a drizzle, but they still came out beautifully.

I built the semi-circular raised beds and planted them with climbing hydrangea and violets. The plants in front of the beds are a mystery. They look purposefully planted, so I assume they are not weeds. I transplanted the group on the right from the construction zone on the left.

Here are two views of the shade garden I'm planting in place of the dead yew. I am still auditioning the plant arrangement.
The rhododendrons don't look half bad in the rain.

This bed is in the corner of the driveway and the walk around the garage. All I've done to it is add the daylillies in the center (Stella D'Oro from freecycle), the clematis climbing the pole (both from the raised bed construction zone), and the pretty pine mulch. I've planted portulaca, an annual, in the pot. I can't wait until the other plants bloom so that I can identify them.

Now that I have a camera, get ready for a fully illustrated blog!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

I still need to buy that digital camera- but I keep procrastinating and spending my $ in the kitchen. I remember when I used to buy clothes. This summer I will get the camera. Hey- your yard looks lovely and all that stuff will get so much BIGGER. It's amazing how much things can grow in one season. Have fun!

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Your descriptions of what you were going to plant were great in earlier posts...but they really don't do your garden justice. The photos are amazing! I can't wait to see it once everything is the ground and filled out a bit. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden! I do think we are in similar zones- Seattle is a zone 5 (I'm pretty sure, but I'll double check). I'm thinking of planting a camelia to espalier in front of the wall of our stairs. It will be fun to see how yours progress. Great work and I'm looking forward to more photos!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your ew beds look awesome! I love the circular rock planter things you made, a really cool and simple idea. Keep the pictures coming, I'm a gardening addict too and I love to look at what others are doing with their gardens, it's very inspiring!

3:51 AM  
Blogger K said...

Wow, your entrance looks great with those planter thingies. :) And the garden ... man, that is looking good.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

looks awesome! keep it up!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home