Thursday, May 05, 2005

My Wife The Gardener

She dug the plot on Monday
The soil was rich and fine
She forgot to thaw out dinner ...
So out we went to dine.

She planted roses Tuesday
(She says they are a must)
They really were quite lovely
But she then forgot to dust ...

On Wednesday it was daisies
They opened with the sun
All whites and pinks and yellows
(But the laundry wasn't done!)

The poppies came on Thursday
A bright and cheery red
I guess she really was engrossed ...
She forgot to make the bed!

It was dahlias on Friday
In colours she adores
It never bothered her at all,
The crumbs upon the floors.

I hired a maid on Saturday
My week is now complete
My wife can garden all she wants
The house will still be neat!

It's nearly lunchtime Sunday
And I can't find the maid!
Oh no! I can't believe it
She's out there with a spade!

Author: unknown

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Loved the poem!! I've had a great visit with you today. Looking forward to returning. I'm new at Houseblogs. Nice to meet you!

Joy in the journey...
Maria

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband better not comment here....

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

and a poet too... so multi-faceted and talented miss! I thought of you tonight as I was working in my yard really :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Which reminds me of this little poetic ditty;

Dirty days hath September,
April, June and November.

All the rest have 31,
Without a blessed gleam of sun.

But February has less than thirty.
They're just as wet and twice as dirty.


Garden on. I'm gonna ask my buddy in the Hamilton County Sheriffs department if he can get you one of those black and white striped outdoor work suits. Without having to pre-qualify I mean. Think the neighbors would talk then, eh?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Goodness, I wouldn't want to be a plagarizer! I found the poem online with the author listed as "anonymous." Although I didn't write it, it is a fairly accurate reflection of what is going on at our house. Except the maid part...

6:33 AM  
Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Me? No! Why would I comment? Not a peep from me.. (peep) Hey! Who just peeped? It certainly wasn't me! (peep) There it was again! This is really quite amazing, this mysterious peeping...

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem, Kasmira! I'm going to send it to my mom right now. (Along with a link to your site!)

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home