Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Big Pile of Sticks

What does the lone range sing as he takes out his trash?
To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump!

That’s what I was singing as Mike and I tackled our big stick pile on Sunday. (Well, actually, I was singing “Goodbye to Pisces,” by Tori Amos, but “To the Dump” sounds more appropriate.) These are the dratted sticks that Toby left all over our yard when he trimmed and even cut down a few honeysuckle trees. I won’t put ALL the blame on Toby. Our ice storm in February also brought down a few limbs. (As you can see from the photo, the sticks were making mowing difficult.)

Clean-up was a team effort. Mike cut the sticks into manageable pieces, I stacked them in Tim’s trailer, and Tim hauled them away to the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump. (I'm sure that's what Tim was singing as he drove along.)

Despite filling Tim’s trailer, we still have quite a bit of brush remaining. Next weekend, I’m hoping Tim will be kind enough to back his trailer into our driveway once again. We have even more sticks hidden beneath the three remaining honeysuckle trees on our property, so I think we have at least two more trailer-loads to take to the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Now there are some hard-earned muscles. Sounds like one of those tedious jobs that was made lots better by a good song. Now I'll have 'to the dump, to the dump' stuck in my head as I go off to sleep!

10:58 PM  
Blogger min hus said...

Is it weird that I daydream about when I can take a load of crap from my yard to the dump? I just can't wait until the day I can fill a truck with the rotted wood, cursed yews and half-dead evergreens that were in my yard.

P.S. I really enjoy your blog.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home