Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Corner is Lit

As soon as I read Ben’s comment on my previous post, I took his suggestion and moved our floor lamp next to the chair. I added an extension cord and hid the wire mess beneath the rug.

This was the perfect solution: Mike has adequate illumination for reading, I love the way the pools of light fall, and the change cost nothing! Now that the lamp has been pulled away from the window, we are able to appreciate its beading and decorative trim. (I’d forgotten what a pretty lamp it is!) I was afraid that moving the lamp next to the chair would crowd the space, but, instead, it looks cozy and completes the frame around the sitting area.

The lamp’s previous location, never made sense to me. It seemed dumb, and visually intrusive, to put a lamp in front of a window. I’m not sure why I ever decided to put it there. With the lamp moved, we get more sunlight through the window and easier access to the blind controls. As a bonus, I can now put a side table beneath the window to pile tchotchke on. (More on the side table, which I’ll be making, soon…)

Thanks, Ben!


3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Harris said...

K, I love that spot in your living room and I love the cute new pic of yourself. You're convincing me I should find a shot of myself that's a tad more expressive.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Ooo, I love it when one simple, free thing makes a room 10x better! It just looks great. Now I'm inspired to do some shifting in my own house.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Just want to say that I love beaded lampshades! I've got a couple of them myself and wouldn't trade them for anything!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home