Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yard Sale Season

Ahhh…Spring, the return of flowers, birds, and garage sales! I’ve spent the winter eagerly awaiting the first yard sales of the season. Last weekend, I ventured out.

With all due respect, estate sales are the best places to shop. On a Saturday morning, I hit one estate sale and two small garage sales. Fifteen dollars and one hour later, I had:
1. A handtruck (already came in handy for the dishwasher!)
2. A hoe
3. A cultivator
4. An electric weedwhacker
5. 3 packages of white, wire garden border
6. A compost sifter
7. A flower pot
8. A hose nozzle
9. A ball peen hammer
10. 37 6-inch pieces of blue tile trim (hoping to use on the kitchen counter)

I’m ready for this weekend’s round of sales and the opportunity to pick up some more yard tools. The prices are so much better than Home Depot’s and leave me with cash for plants!

2 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I'm also excited for the return of yard sale season. This Saturday my hubby will be otherwise occupied, so I'll be free to attend all the bargain-fests I can find! I just hope it doesn't rain.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Scott in Washington said...

Wow, thats a pretty good haul for fifteen bucks. Hey, keep your eyes open for something for me would you? I've been wanting a pair of those three foot long wooden knife and fork sets that everyone had on their dining room walls in the eighties, or maby a bowl of plastic fruit :)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home