Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Rose of the Season

The first rose of the season belongs to Terese Bugnet. She’s a truly indomitable rose. She tolerates part shade and still blooms heavily. She is undaunted by late frosts, drought, and browsing deer. When I had to move her last spring, I ended up dividing her in the process. I planted the three largest portions in the yard and potted up two smaller pieces for friends. My divisions are all preparing to bloom their fool heads off, so I hope the gifted divisions are doing just as well.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Pink roses are my favorite.I've been looking for a nice rose, but haven't found one yet.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I need this rose.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need this rose also! lovely

9:24 AM  
Blogger amireland said...

Kasmira, just found your blog, and as the recipient of one of your "gift divisions", you should know that not only did it survive, it's just bursting with blooms this year! It's got a permanent place on my deck in a really big planter and is just gorgeous ... thanks so much for sharing :)

anne-marie

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home