Friday, September 08, 2006

My Favorite Spot, September 8th

Although I made no official announcement, I was sure that my Friday “Favorite Spot” posts were over for the season. They petered out as the summer progressed until I finally gave up hope of having a favorite spot again till spring. As I look around the garden, I can classify the beds as “fried” (flowering is done!) or “raw” (too new for me to like looking at yet).

Two late bloomers have persuaded me to bring back “my favorite spot” for the last(?) time this year. I did not anticipate it, but caryopteris and sweet autumn clematis have a significant bloom overlap and look absolutely magical together.


I offer only this close-up shot because a wasteland surrounds these two beauties. I am training the clematis along the railing above the basement stairs (aka Pit of Despair). The caryopteris shares the half-moon bed with a number of plants (lilac, coreopsis, gazania, oriental poppies) that look like absolute hell right now.

My favorite spot may only be two cubic feet of blooms, but it is better than nothing. Till next year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I have favorite views like that. The two plants may be in different areas of the yard, but when you sit in a certain spot... it is absolutely impossible to depict this with a point and shoot camera!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home