Saturday, August 19, 2006

Purple People Plantings

When my Secret Squirrel Agent at Friendship Park told me that they were doing something special with the annual beds this year, I was on high alert. After a few weeks of observation, I thought I had the theme figured out. It was a tribute to the Purple People Bridge!




Turns out that I had overthought a bit. This year’s theme was more simply envisioned as “cool.” I, however, cling to my theory that the color scheme is actually connected to this summer's unveiling of the Over the Top experience on the purple bridge.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Now why did I think of 'purple people eater?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the plantings. On another note, I wouldn't do that climb if they paid me a million dollars.

OK, MAYBE then.

P.S. Have you noticed the price has dropped? I don't think they're getting as much business as they'd hoped.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Diana LaMarre said...

What an interesting bridge. Will you be doing the climb?

5:37 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

I thought the climb was stupid, and overpriced, until I learned about the sunrise/sunset climbs. I think I may end up climbing as part of a romantic evening with MIke.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home