Monday, November 07, 2005

Wish List

I’ve posted my plant “wish list” for next year (in the sidebar) and it is already out of date. This is actually the second version of the list. I greedily purchased every item on the last list before I managed to post it. Now, looking at the current list, I need to remove the Summersweet (Clethra). I bought three at 50% off this weekend.

Even though inaccurate, the list helps me craft future plans for the garden. I add both items that will fit in with certain garden themes and plants that simply strike my fancy. I have enough blank space to create new beds around the odd plants that don’t fit anywhere else.

If you have a plant favorite that you think should be on my list, let me know! The more, the merrier.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Harris said...

Well, thanks for asking. My reactions are, to trees and shrubs: why don't I have any of them? To perennials: love the Sib. iris, but good luck with those difficult foxgloves. Bulbs: love those bluebells; have you tried grape hyacinth, too? To roses: never heard of any of them; are they the new kind that need no care? (Like my new favorite, Knockout"). To the vines: avoid Japanese honeysuckle like it's avian flu. Others honeysuckles are less vigorous and more beautiful, IMHO. But as we learned recently from the "Plants I Hate" conversation, our tastes are all pretty quirky.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

I'm growing the foxglove from seed (but I'd still like to find an actual plant). I'm trying both direct sowing and winter sowing. I'm afraid our summers will be to hot and humid for the foxglove.
I planted 50 or so grape hyacinth with my daffodils. I'm hoping that they are, indeed, happy companions.
I chose the roses based on fragrance and color. I like strong fragrance and bright colors. The Julia Child rose (not available yet) is pale yellow, but is supposed to have a licorice fragrance!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home