Monday, March 21, 2005

Sunroom Fountain

I’ve been a very naughty girl. I went to Home Depot on Saturday to make some legitimate purchases: an outlet expander, heavy-duty Velcro, and a pot. However, I couldn’t resist wandering into the gardening section. Once there, I saw that the fountain I have been drooling over since December was marked down to 60% of its original cost. I bought it.

You see, the fountain is an essential element to the “sunroom transformation.” Yes, I still have to paint the walls, remove the linoleum tile, level the concrete floor, install ceramic tile, and purchase more plants, but the fountain completes the oasis ambience. The room is already more pleasant.

I ran the fountain this weekend and was surprised by how loud it is and how quickly the water evaporates. With the sunroom door open, I can hear the sound of splashing water from everywhere in the house. It’s pleasant, but I am hoping it won’t eventually get on my nerves. On the bright side, it drowns out any traffic noises. I did have to shut it off to watch t.v. I filled the fountain with six gallons of water, but it looks as if at least two gallons has evaporated in two days. The evaporation rate is incredible. At least the plants are getting the humidity they like.

The cats are afraid of it and Mike is out of town. I don’t know how he’ll like it, but I think that I do!

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

We have a little fountain for our kitties to drink from, and it is amazing how fast the water evaporates. The cats love lapping that fresh-flowing water, but they can't be drinking THAT much! :)

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I like that. We can't have any standing water around right now because guess who loves to play in it and I'm paranoid that he will drown. How is that for a downer...yeah I know we live by a creek, but he hasn't gotten outside yet!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Adi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home