Friday, May 25, 2007

My Favorite Spot, May 25th

It’s that time of year again: when I’m utterly delighted by the alternating lamb’s ear and East Friesland sage I’ve planted along our front sidewalk. This is the last of the cool colors in the front garden. Soon, yellow sundrops, orange butterfly weed, and hot pink yarrow will spice up the border. For now, silver, purple, and blue dominate, adding a cool note to the sultry May weather.

This is one of my few successful experiments with a cutsey, alternating plant scheme. Usually, it just looks trite. For the third year, though, this combination thrills me every time I walk toward the house, making it my favorite spot.

6 Comments:

Blogger LostRoses said...

Kasmira, your garden is looking fabulous! And I love your "trite" scheme. Looks delightful to me, too. Isn't it fun to be drawn to gazing at a particular spot and to take such pleasure in it? Happy gardening!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Lisa Blair said...

This combination is definitely gorgeous. Great choice! It will be neat to see what it looks like with a sprinkling of warm colors.

1:17 PM  
Blogger kate said...

That is a wonderfully inviting walkway and I wish I had one just like it!! It is amazing to see how vibrant and healthy all the plants look.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Knitters Notebook said...

You have a wonderful walkway! I really enjoy you taking the time to show us "Your Favorite Spot"

Renee

5:56 AM  
Blogger EAL said...

This reminds me of the Jeckyl scheme at Hestercombe, which I mention in a recent post. At least part of it is lambs ears and salvia.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Hi, I came to your blog via Garden Voices. I love Lamb's Ears! I started it from seed many years ago and now I have it in nearly every flower bed in my garden. It has such a lovely form and that wonderful silvery blue color that makes everything next to it look good too! Come visit my blog sometime!
Regards, Connie

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home