Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tippy Teepee

Last weekend, we had some terrific storms. I grew up in a place where thunder and lightening were fairly rare, so I’m still thrilled by the novelty of electrical storms. I love to be tucked cozily inside the house, listening to the patter of rain and the roar of thunder. However, it isn’t nearly as pleasant to be out in the storm, buffeted by winds and pelted by raindrops. Apparently, my sunflowers agree. The last of the sunflowers bowed to the elements this weekend, and took my teepee with them!


I’ve tried to right the entire mess, but it is impossible. The teepee was never well grounded and only the tenuous hold of the vines has kept the whole thing from going horizontal. The teepee’s structure seems sound, though, so I’ll allow it to lean until the first frosts destroy the blooms. Then I’ll untangle the jungle and store the teepee until next spring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Maybe some twine loops and a few tent pegs, used discreetly, could help your structure stand up against the wind next year?

It did look pretty cool in the photos.

Annie

3:47 PM  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

I love a good thunderstorm!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home