Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Now, With More Photo Sets!

Since purchasing my digital camera last spring, I’ve uploaded about 400 photos to my Flickr account. My Yard and Garden set has reached 125 photos. (The other 275 snapshots are mostly of my cats.) With so many photos, and fourteen different planting areas, the set has become unwieldy. It takes me forever to find a picture. When a coworker asked to see photos of my garden, I was embarrassed to forward her the link to my large and largely unedited set. Finally, the shame was enough for me to create a separate set for each of my gardens.

The sidebar, to the right, now holds a link to each garden area. Some of the sets are populated by only a single photo, but I’ll remedy that. Eventually, shots of the same area over a period of time will be filed sequentially so that I can crow over how my garden has grown. If you want to look at pictures of dead daisies and ugly bugs, they can still be found in the original set.

4 Comments:

Blogger K said...

275 photos of your cats? You are my kind of woman! Since I got my new camera, I've renewed my obsessive cat-photo-taking efforts. It takes so much restraint not to post them all to the blog.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Well...perhaps I exaggerated a little. But there are at least 75 pics of my kitties. I can't help it that they are always lookin so cute!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

Hi and I loved your comment on my blog about weeds. Now that I've perused your blog, it's really great! On your recent posts - I've just been noticing the humongous collection of photos I've taken this year that I'll never find anything in and what to do about it? I have 3 indoor cats who thank you for the wheat grass idea, I'm sure. My Ugliest Post-Bloom Appearance was daylilies (I just wrote about it today) and my Most Vigorous Grower, the winner every year in this category, was my hardy kiwi vine, which grows like frickin' kudzu.

2:45 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

One of my winter projects is to tag all of my garden photos so I don't have to go through literally years worth of photos looking for a particular shot. My goal is to be able to do keyword searches.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home