Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Roses with French Names

Roses are pretty and cottagey, but it is the fragrance that attracts me. In June, my Terese Bugnet covered itself in blossoms perfumed with the perfect rose scent. It’s continued to bloom sporadically and delight my nose over the course of the summer. I have enjoyed its perfume so much that I’m currently researching other, heavily fragrant roses to add to my garden. I welcome any suggestions! (Yves Piaget is a heavy contender for the new rose bed.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would tend to agree with you and would love to recommend some from our garden, however, I have no idea what they are called. I like to think of them as "old roses" since they came with the house but many are obviously modern hybrids. Too bad the internet can't transmit smells too! If you're ever travelling though central Indiana, you're welcome to stop and smell our roses:)

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. Good Info.

I have a Home Insurance site. It has Home Insurance stuff

Visit anytime :-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

they look so beautiful! i have 3 different rose bushes in our gardens, but unfortunately don't know what they're called, either. don't forget to keep dead-heading so they'll bloom right into fall!

8:28 PM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

So pretty! And unusual for a 1950 introduction. Have you looked into the David Austin roses? I don't know if they are particularly fragrant, but they have the old forms and are repeat bloomers.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Beautiful.

How did you get the spammer if you have word verification? Did you put it up after the spam?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

I turned on the word verification just after the spammer left his mark.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home