Monday, November 13, 2006

Done with Bulbs

There are NO bulbs in my refrigerator! At one point this fall, fully half the space in the fridge was occupied by bulbs, corms, rhizomes, and roots. I planted the last of them yesterday morning.

I am so tired of hoeing. After chopping at the dirt for eight months, I’ve finally worn my back out. I’ve had to lighten up on the trunk exercises I teach in my Thursday and Friday abs class so that I am still fresh enough to garden all weekend. Repetitive hoeing is not good for one’s back.

My refrigerator is empty, but I’m not entirely sure I can keep it that way. I’ve been frequenting the bulb forum on Gardenweb, drooling over spring pictures. I must keep reminding myself that every lovely tulip and daffodil comes at the expense of my aching back. Besides, I need to save some “fun” for next fall!

4 Comments:

Blogger OldRoses said...

I'm ashamed to admit I still have bulbs to plant. I'm just so sick of digging new beds that I had to take a break. My goal is to have everything in the ground by Thanksgiving.

5:28 PM  
Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Congrats on planting the bulbs and regaining your fridge.I ached after planting my two hundred spring bulbs.Come spring you will enjoy the labours of your aching back!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an abs class? What kind of stuff do you do there? I do some Pilates myself and swear by it.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

Susan, I teach a 15 minute abs class following my 45 minute cardio classes. We do a variety of abs exercises, many inspired by pilates. I like to do moves that work the front and back of the trunk, like planks or V sit-ups or rolling moves on a stability ball. The whole trunk exercises can be strenuous on the back, though.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home