Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cincinnati Plant Swap

If you are a gardener in the Cincinnati area, please consider joining the Cincinnati Plant Swap group on Yahoo. Using the message board, simply list the plants you have to trade and those you’d like to acquire. Chances are, your message will be read by someone who would like to swap with you. I’ve kicked off the group message board with my own list of “Have”s and “Wanted”s.

To prevent spammers and advertisers from flooding the board, you must be a member of the group to post messages. Membership costs nothing, but I must approve. (Again, to prevent spam and advertising.)

Hope to see all local gardeners there!


Click here to join cintiplantswap
Click to join cintiplantswap

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo ooo ooo. *Raising my hand* Ooo ooo ooo. I'll join! I'm not promising I actually have anything right now, but I'll help bulk up the membership. :)

5:00 AM  
Blogger Susan Harris said...

GOOD FOR YOU! We've had our group for years and it's amazing - good for passalong plants and great advice. We've gradually written some guidelines, after a few problems, and they're listed under "Email Group" on www.takomahort.org. The other helpful thing that's not there is to have the default setting be that replies go to the sender of hte message, not to the whole group. When we switched to that, complaints basically stopped. Good luck! Susan
PS I've written on Takoma Gardener about in-person plant swaps, which might be fun for you eventually.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Christine Boles said...

I'm TRYING to join, but Yahoo keeps saying I'm going over 200 words on my comment (so not true!), and won't let me in!
I'll keep trying~ like Amy, I may not have anything right now, but I will be a warm and enthusiast member, I'm sure!

6:18 AM  
Blogger pamas said...

Hoping Cincinnati Plant Swap is still up and running! Look forward to some help building my shade garden.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

pamas - the site is still active. I have some things to add...once this darn snow is gone!

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home