Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ghetto Cold Frame

I’m a ghetto princess and this is my ghetto cold frame. It’s comprised of the top of an industrial waste container (unused) and an old window. My neighbor donated the container top and I bought the window at Building Value. While I doubt the plastic and glass have much in the way of insulating properties, they do keep the frost off, which is all a cold frame really must do this time of year.

Stay tuned to learn how I use it this winter.

*By the way, the cat in the photo is for scale only. Gratuitous pictures of kitties have been banished to my other blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I wondered what you meant by "ghetto" cold frame. :)

With the cold frame and winter sowing, you are much more motivated than me, although I have been taking some advantage of the freakishly warm weather to work outside.

11:08 AM  
Blogger OldRoses said...

The cold frame is wonderful. So is the cat! Please don't banish them completely. I can't wait to see what you plant in the cold frame.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home