Saturday, February 12, 2005

Jewelry Board

I've always had a lot of jewelry. When I was younger, I had a second hole pierced in my ears so that I could wear more than one pair of earrings at once. I kept my collection organized by placing each pair of earrings in a zipper top plastic bag. While this keeps the jewelry from being tangled and mismatched, it is also somewhat cumbersome. As I've gotten older, I've gone through multiple organization systems, trying to find something that keeps my jewelry from becoming a hopeless jumble, yet still easily accessible.
In a "Martha Stewart" moment, I created the jewelry bulletin board. I mounted the board inside a closet board, and created hanging pegs with pushpins. Now my necklaces are tangle-free and easy to view. I also use the board for more delicate earrings and bracelets (as pictured).



My jewelry board.

Just a little organization tip, from me to you.

4 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Cool idea. I once had a similar peg system but now so rarely wear necklaces that it's not worth it. I'm a dangly-earrings gal, though.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea - so easy and functional. I have an overflowing jewelry box and never wear any of it because I can't be bothered to sort through it in the morning!

Do you visit craftster.org and supernaturale.com?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Kasmira said...

I am visiting those sites now! Thanks for the tip.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home